Our 2016 Spring Window Treatment sale is in full swing! Call Ambiance Window Coverings to take advantage of Hunter Douglas rebates during the Energy Smart Style Savings Event. Rebates are available on select products now through April 11th 2016. We’ll show you how you can enjoy the beauty of new window fashions and the savings too. Best of all you’ll realize the difference our energy efficient window treatments make. They create the perfect environment for you to enjoy all year long.
A guide to custom drapes will help familiarize you with the terms people frequently use when they are talking about plain and patterned drapery panels. If you are interested in designing custom drapery, you’ll find this article will help you with the ends and outs of working with your interior decorator.
A Guide To Custom Drapes
Pattern – This is a decorative design. Now that is a pretty broad definition. In window coverings there are a multitude of options. Do you want bold prints or a chevron, stripes or geometric shapes? Do you want to create a focal point with your custom drapery or just enhance the décor that is already stunning? The pattern you pick is often determined by what else you want to achieve in the room. For example, a vertical stripe can enhance small spaces or make the room look taller. A dramatic pattern is perfect for balancing a neutral décor. Whatever design you pick will determine how much fabric you need too.
Style: Flat, pleated, pinch-pleats Working with patterned fabric creates an unusual visual effect. Typically patterned fabrics are woven or printed with the design running horizontally and repeated along the length of the fabric. If the fabric lays flat or is stationary you get a different view than if you have pleats or parallel folds when you open the curtain. Tighter patterns are easier to match up. Your fabric may require being cut to get to the desired layout.
Standard Width – a standard drapery panel is approximately 48” wide when closed. As with many things there are industry standards that can dictate how you design your custom drape.
Finials– these are the decorative knobs or ends of your drapery rods. They can also be used individually to hold back the curtain and look similar to knobs on the wall.
In-home Design Consultations
At Ambiance Window Coverings, we will be happy to work closely with you. Donna, our interior decorator and designer will help you choose the right material and fabric to create the perfect window treatment for your windows. We will show you ways to enhance your unique architecture while keeping your personal taste and style in mind. Because we work in your home, our fabrics will match perfectly and we’ll have the right measurements to create a unique custom drapery that will flatter your décor.
Ideally draperies are hung halfway between the window trim and the ceiling. This allows your windows to provide maximum natural lighting and also this makes your rooms appear bigger. You will find many draperies are hung from the ceiling to the floor and some puddle on the ground for an elegant touch. Our professional installers will be happy to install your custom drapery so that they capture the right look for your living space. We will also make sure you have the correct rods, hooks or finials to finish the look.
A Guide to Custom Drapes
If you are looking for custom drapes in Omaha, Ambiance Window Coverings can help you design exactly what you’re looking for. Custom Drape is designed uniquely for each customer and is made with the quality craftsmanship you would expect in superior window treatments. Call today, we would love to show you our portfolio of custom drapery and window treatment designs.
12 Things Only People From Omaha Nebraska Understand
- You graduated High School from a school with a geographical direction for a name. You pride yourself on being from East O, North O, South O or West O. You weren’t born on a farm and you DO have electricity!
- You’ve been to Hy Vee and may be a part owner.
- Everyone asks you about Bright Eyes and Saddle Creek Records
- You worked at the Zoo at some point in your life and often visit still.
- You know who Alexander Payne is and you or someone close to you was part of the movie “About Schmidt”.
- You spend Saturdays watching the Huskers. Every game has been sold out since 1962. During games, memorial stadium becomes the third largest city in Nebraska.
- You know what going to a “cheapee” means.
- Your parents worked for Mutual of Omaha, Union Pacific or sold steaks for a living.
- The middle lane of Dodge doesn’t surprise you and you can’t drive too fast.
- You will avoid public transportation and would never think of walking. You measure distance in time and take construction into consideration when you’re planning a trip.
- You enjoy eating chili with Cinnamon rolls and ship Dorothy Lynch to family who have moved away.
- You enjoy a Runza every now and then.
Like most cities in America, there are certain things that set us apart from people in other cities. It’s what makes us unique. Omaha is a great city to live and work in. There are many exciting musical and artistic nuances in the city and we have a large number of fortune 500 companies and large department stores that attract customers from all over. The home to many celebrities, Omaha is a great place to call home.
Ambiance Window Coverings offers custom window treatments designed by an interior decorator who can help you create the atmosphere you’re longing for. See for yourself why Ambiance Window Coverings was picked for Best of Omaha 3 years in a row! If you are new to Omaha Nebraska or have lived here for decades, you will enjoy working with Ambiance Window Coverings and creating that perfect look. Call today for a free in-home consultation.