12 Things Only People From Omaha Nebraska Understand
- You graduated High School from a school with a geographical direction for a name. You pride yourself on being from East O, North O, South O or West O. You weren’t born on a farm and you DO have electricity!
- You’ve been to Hy Vee and may be a part owner.
- Everyone asks you about Bright Eyes and Saddle Creek Records
- You worked at the Zoo at some point in your life and often visit still.
- You know who Alexander Payne is and you or someone close to you was part of the movie “About Schmidt”.
- You spend Saturdays watching the Huskers. Every game has been sold out since 1962. During games, memorial stadium becomes the third largest city in Nebraska.
- You know what going to a “cheapee” means.
- Your parents worked for Mutual of Omaha, Union Pacific or sold steaks for a living.
- The middle lane of Dodge doesn’t surprise you and you can’t drive too fast.
- You will avoid public transportation and would never think of walking. You measure distance in time and take construction into consideration when you’re planning a trip.
- You enjoy eating chili with Cinnamon rolls and ship Dorothy Lynch to family who have moved away.
- You enjoy a Runza every now and then.
Like most cities in America, there are certain things that set us apart from people in other cities. It’s what makes us unique. Omaha is a great city to live and work in. There are many exciting musical and artistic nuances in the city and we have a large number of fortune 500 companies and large department stores that attract customers from all over. The home to many celebrities, Omaha is a great place to call home.
Ambiance Window Coverings offers custom window treatments designed by an interior decorator who can help you create the atmosphere you’re longing for. See for yourself why Ambiance Window Coverings was picked for Best of Omaha 3 years in a row! If you are new to Omaha Nebraska or have lived here for decades, you will enjoy working with Ambiance Window Coverings and creating that perfect look. Call today for a free in-home consultation.