What Are Vignette Modern Roman Shades?
The Vignette® modern Roman shades feature gorgeous fabrics and soft folds to create an elegant appearance and a modern look into your home. Offered in a range of styles and fold sizes, sheer, light-filtering, and room-darkening fabric opacities, these shades are the best alternative to the traditional Roman shade. They conceal the operating system, leaving no dangling cords, for improved window aesthetics and enhanced child safety.
Vignette shades consist of high-quality fabrics that permanently hold their shape and require almost no maintenance or dressing when you raise or lower them. You can enjoy attractive, crisp lines and find the perfect balance of light and privacy.
Besides looking stunning, Vignette® Modern Roman Shades are made to be durable and easy to maintain. Hunter Douglas offers a lifetime warranty which is the best in the industry.
You can choose a fabric that allows your Vignette shade to absorb sound and insulate the windows. This will make a big difference in your utility bill. It also helps with noises from hardwood flooring and keeps outside noises at a minimum. Vignette® adds good protection to your furnishings too with a 75% reduction in harmful rays.
Vignette Shades Style Options and Functionality
Select from Hunter Douglas’s large, curated collection of magnificent fabrics, operating systems, and styles to design the perfect window shades for your windows. A beautiful selection of stylish fabrics includes a wide array of colors and textures, like silk, linens, natural weaves, and tweed.
Hunter Douglas Vignette shades are available in two operational configurations. Choose the option that best fits your preferred aesthetic and window frame. These functional styles include:
- Rolling style featuring a 4” full fold or 6” flat fold. When you open your rolling Vignette shade, it rolls up into the headrail, which gives you a completely uninterrupted view.
- Stacking style featuring 4-inch full fold Vignette shades that open by neatly stacking beneath a low-profile headrail. This configuration is ideal for shallow mounting depths windows.
Pair either configuration with an automated or manual operating system to open and close your Vignette shades with ease, enabling precise lighting control. The PowerView® motorized system allows you to move your shades according to the schedules you set day or night.
How to Install Vignette Modern Roman Shades?
Hunter Douglas recommends using a window treatment professional to measure and install your Vignette Modern Roman Shades for proper fit and function. Anything less than a perfect fit means an imperfect look.
At Ambiance Window Coverings and as a Hunter Douglas dealer in Omaha, we include the installation service when purchasing a new product to securely and safely install your window covering and make the most of your investment.
Prefer to do it yourself? Here are some general tips to keep in mind as a starter:
- Measure each window perfectly. This will include horizontal measurements at the top, bottom, and center. Vertical measurements at the center and along both sides. Then take the important and additional step of measuring diagonally too. All these
measurements combined will tell whether your window is square or not.
- If your window isn’t square, you may consider an outside mount, installing the window treatment above your opening.
- If your window covers telescopes to one side when it is raised, your window may not be level. Many window shades have an adjustable bottom rail weight, which can be moved to prevent telescoping.
Click here to access our detailed installation guidelines for your Hunter Douglas Vignette Modern Roman Shades.