How do Window Treatments Increase Home Value?
Before you list your home for sale, make sure your window treatments are attractive, in good shape, and functional. If a potential buyer is out looking for houses and sees for example 10 homes in one day, he will definitely remember the home that had the most custom features. Now, let’s see why do window treatments increase your home value:
- Adds value to the interior aesthetic: A high-quality custom window covering can make your home look as if it was professionally decorated. With the right colors and materials, the windows of the rooms can really stand out and become a focal point, creating an elegant look that will be appreciated by both your potential buyers and your guests.
- Custom beats out Basic: Any custom finishing, whether it’s window treatments, landscaping, or appliances, makes a home stand out. However, the best finishes are not just about the look, window treatments with the most value provide additional functionality. Motorized window treatments would also be seen as a plus to buyers.
- Increases energy efficiency: Having custom window treatments over your windows is a great way to control how much heat is gained or lost in your home throughout the year. Energy efficiency can not only lower your energy bill, but it can also increase your home’s value.
By reducing your energy consumption and costs, your home will be more appealing to potential buyers, who may be willing to spend more in order to pay less on monthly utilities.
Window Treatments Can Make You Win the Competition
Investing in high-quality woven wood shades, plantation shutters, cellular blinds, and other custom window coverings will definitely help reduce the days your home is on the market. This is particularly important when housing inventory is high, or when you are part of a large townhouse community where your home is in competition with other homes within the same neighborhood.
Buyers can be super picky and want everything done for them, and they like having beautiful window treatments already in place. By installing custom window treatments, your home will stick out from the competition, which will make it a buyer’s first choice, over all the other comparable homes in your neighborhood. This leads to fewer days on the market!
Window Treatments That Don’t Add Value to Your Home
Window treatments that are not functional, practical, or attractive may not add value to your home. For example, inexpensive plastic window shades that you purchase at the hardware store will not really add any value to your property. However, the cost isn’t the only factor here. Expensive window coverings may not add value too if:
- They are not cut and sized correctly.
- They are discolored and damaged.
- They were not installed in a proper way.
- They are not beautiful.
- They don’t serve any purpose.
Custom Window Treatments in Omaha, Nebraska
It’s always worth investing in high-quality window treatments, either for homeowners staying in their current homes or those who are looking to sell. Customized shutters and blinds are visually appealing, energy-efficient, and increase the chance that your house will sell at your asking price.
Contact the professionals at Ambiance Window Coverings to learn more about our various window treatment services available. A window specialist is waiting to help you customize your window treatment today! Give us a call at 402-932-9711